Brochure Project I
You have just be hired and an apprentice
photographer by Gimble and Sons, Denver, CO. Since the personnel
director knows that you have some experience in photography,
granted mostly 'book lern'n'. She wants to see if you can use you
new skills preparing a brochure for the company. As you know,
Gimble and Sons is one of the biggest importers of digital camera in
the United States for resale to other business. The brochure
needs to be directed towards, these 'middle' business for sale to the
public. As you know brochures pack:
It also provides the personnel director some skills that you possess.
- Information into a small space
- Acts as a selling point for your business
You are to put together a brochure about a digital camera. You choose which one.
- Research cameras
- Decide on which camera you want to do
- Research that specific model and what it does best.
- Incorporate what you have learned, with the cameras strengths
- Direct your brochure to a business making them want to buy it.
Prepare a 1 page brochure on the camera, complete with pictures on the camera's strengths.
Go back over all the areas that we have covered so far and use material that you find for your brochure.
Use one of the designs in Microsoft Publisher that deals with
brochures. You may use a pre made series or make up one yourself.
Just remember, you are trying to impress the personnel officer and she will give your material to the sales section.
First Things First: Getting Started
- You know what the subject is about. You will need
- Research the information you have read about already
- Look at the several layouts available
- Find the details about how to get to the address - better
yet a map to the business
- Decide on what information goes where on the brochure.
- Check spelling and grammar. Your work reflects on
the person you are writing about.
Brochure Statistics -
- 1 page - folded
- Information on both sides of page
- Include pictures showing the strength of the camera
No errors, and submitted on time.
Submitted on time. No more than 3 spelling or
grammer mistakes for the entire Brochure.
||Brochure Completed. Submitted on time.No more
than 5 spelling or grammer mistakes for the entire Brochure.
||Brochure not completed on time. More
than 6 spelling or grammer mistakes.
Check your Quia webpage!
|By: David C. Matarazzo
On going throughout the school year